Department of Electrical Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering is running UG program and is committed to impart technical education in the most efficient manner to its students. It was established in the year 2011.The department is equipped with state of art laboratories/Workshops, seminar hall, smart class rooms. The lab/workshops consists of the basic to modern instrument, software/simulators for providing the student a feel for industrial work environment. The syllabus of course covers all the fundamental concepts to ultra modern project development study for achieving engineering education excellence, with the support of well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty of the Department, Sukhjinder Technical Campus has established itself as well known entity in the field of Electrical education. Side by side with the syllabus completion Students are getting field exposure by training in power station and industries. In last complete semester of B.Tech students are getting complete industry exposure by learning and implementing electrical engineering project
Why to Choose Electrical Engineering?
- It’s easy to get your first job
- Greater job opportunities in own country and abroad
- Course is related to Electronics and computer
- Electrical Engg. Field has advantage of covering tens of specializations
- No need of costly and heavy machinery for implementing projects.
- One can develop great DIY(Do it for you) techniques
- It will never boring, as new gadgets come out all the time.
- Only a few rule to keep in mind
Electrical Engineering Department congregate the challenges of new technological advancements to provide comprehensively trained, career focused, morally strong accomplished graduates, cutting edge researchers by experimental learning which contribute to ever changing global society and serve as competent engineers.
To commit excellence in imparting knowledge through incubation and execution of high quality innovative educational programs.
To develop the Research oriented culture to build national capabilities for excellent power management.
To inculcate and harvest the moral values and ethical behavior in the students through exposure of self -discipline and personal integrity.
To develop a Centre of Research and Education generating knowledge and technologies which lay ground work in shaping the future in the field of Electrical engineering.
Our electrical engineering course allows students to work with effective professionalism. The academics impart all types of field education to students and nurture them to work in any environment.
- Admission in 1st year student have passed 10+2(PCM) from any recognized board.
- Admission in 2nd year student have passed three year Diploma from any recognized Technical board
B.TECH – Electrical Engg.
About the Course
These engineers are responsible for designing, developing, testing as well supervising the production of electrical and electronic equipment and machinery. Broadcast and telecommunication systems, electric motors, controls of machinery, lights and wiring in building complexes, vehicles, aircraft, radar and navigation systems, power generation, control and transmission devices which are used by electric utilities are all examples of equipment built by these engineers. They may also work in fields which relate to computers and IT.
Job SCOPE for Diploma holders in Electrical Engg.
Favorable employment opportunities are predicted for electrical and electronic engineers. Job opportunities which would result from retirement and transfers of existing electrical and electronic engineers are in proportion with the degree granted to these graduates and thus demand for these workers roughly equals their supply.
Even though there is a rise in demand for electrical and electronic products, (including advanced communication goods) defense-related electronic products, and consumer electronics equipment, competition from abroad and increased use of electronic and electrical engineering services in foreign countries, hinder domestic employment. The growth rate of employment opportunities are predicted to be highest in the service industries which provide electronic engineering expertise.
It is imperative that electrical and electronic engineers continue their education. Those who do not keep abreast of latest advances in technology are at the risk of either losing jobs or losing good promotion opportunities.
- Junior Engineer/Technical Assistant in Military Engineering Services (MES).
- Instructor/Technician in Polytechnics and Engineering colleges.
- Supervisor, Shift In-charge in Industries like B.H.E.L etc.
- Junior Engineer in Public Works Department (PWD).
- For admission in Ist year – Matric pass from any recognized board. (Maths, Science and English compulsory)
- For admission in IInd year – ITI or 10+2 (Vocational) or 10+2 (PCM) from any recognized board.
B. Tech Degree In Electrical Engineering
No. of Seats (Engineering) = 60
4 years long duration program