Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is offering Bachelor of Technology course and creating manpower in the strategic areas well compatible with the industrial expectations. Department has set standards in teaching and learning incessantly for making a bright career path for the students and to establish state-of-the-art center for excellence in academics.. The department focuses on the wide spectrum of areas including Electronics circuits Design, Signal processing, Communication Technology, Biomedical Instrumentation and other applied areas focusing towards making brighter career path of future Engineers.
The department has been strengthened by its experienced and dedicated faculty members in different areas of communication Engineering .Practical training and industry oriented knowledge is the prime focus for the faculty and students who put in their efforts to produce maximum output to the organization were they get placed.. Students are going for industrial training & skill development work-shops apart from regular academics in order to make them competitive and industry ready.
The department also conducts workshops, symposia and faculty development programs regularly for improving the teaching and learning quality. Also the department is involved in the society development programs to make impact on its development and awareness.
- To provide a value-based learning environment for producing engineers in the field of Electronics, Communication and Instrumentation equipped with a harmonious blend of technical skills, moral values and leadership qualities channelized towards technological advancement aimed to cater to the needs of the industry and the society at large.
- Achieving excellence in teaching-learning process with an emphasis on fundamental knowledge and hands-on exposure to match the state-of-the-art advancements in technology.
- Providing an environment for core competency development and enhancing quality research in emerging areas.
- Facilitating professional growth to the students for higher education and career in industry and academia.
- Imbibing the essence of human values and professional skills to ensure socio-economic development.
Why to Choose ECE?
- Electronics and Communication is one of the best courses of Engineering.
- Core subject in which enormous jobs opportunities are present in hardware and software.
- Daily used gadget is creation of Electronics that made life easy and comfortable.
- Electronics has created advance communication facilities that made every part of world accessible in terms of audio and video.
- Job opportunities for ECE graduates are worldwide.
- ECE is strong foundation for computer Hardware and advancement of Electrical Engineering.
- All other fields may it be Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Textile, space research, transport etc. has become advance by use of Electronics and communication Engineering.
- Must have passed high schooling in non medical field.
- Must have given the entrance exam of engineering.
- 4 years long duration program.
B.Tech – Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electronics and Communication is one of the most advancing disciplines of engineering and hence there are excellent opportunities, both in terms of higher studies as well as making a long term career after doing B.Tech. There are good choices for masters and doctoral programs as well as for having a long term career in both private and public sectors.
Scope for higher studies after B.Tech Electronics and Communications
There are numerous higher studies options available for aspirants who have finished their studies in B.Tech Electronics and Communications. Some of the specializations in the field include embedded systems, software engineering, nanotechnology, information/ cyber security and VLSI design. A few of the other fields where students of B.Tech can specialize are bioinformatics, robotics, optoelectronics, digital signal processing and digital systems & communication. It is possible for students to go for Masters courses in subjects like:
- M.Tech in Electronics and Communications
- M.Tech in Microelectronics and VLSI
- M.Tech in Communication Systems
- M.Tech in Electronic Design and Technology
- M.Tech in Power Electronics
- M.Tech in Computational Statistics
- M.Tech in Computer Science (Information System)
- M.Tech in Computer Science (IT)
- M.Tech in Computer Science (Networks)
- M.Tech in Computer Science(Mobile Computing)
Apart from M.Tech, it is also possible for interested candidates to go for Master of Business Administration (MBA) and MCA
Other certification courses after B.Tech Electronics and Communications
After finishing B.Tech in electronics and communication, students can easily join certification courses such as CCNA course, VLSI and embedded courses etc. Some of the certification courses available are:-
- Advanced Diploma in DSP System Design
- Advanced Diploma in Real Time Operating Systems
- Certificate courses in Verilog and VHDL
- Certificate program in VLSI design engineering
- Diploma in Embedded Systems Design
- Diploma in VLSI Design
- Diploma in Wireless Technology
- Online course on Embedded Systems
- Optical Fiber Communications
- PG Diploma course in Industrial Automation System Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Wireless and Mobile Computing
- Signaling & VoIP Protocol Implementation
- Telecom Protocol Development
Career scope after B.Tech Electronics and Communications
For those students who have finished B.Tech Electronics and Communications, numerous job opportunities are available. Many firms in the public as well as the private sector take in students from Electronics and communication. For example, the Steel Authority of Indian Limited (SAIL), Civil Aviation Department, Indian Railways, Indus tan Aeronautics Limited, Indian Engineering Service (IES), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, MTNL & BSNL are some of the public sector organisations who hire graduate engineers from Electronics and Communication stream.
IT industry is fast becoming the largest employer of B.Tech Electronics graduates, most of them are now starting their career as software engineers. In addition to this, engineers from Electronics and communication are also absorbed into the defense fields, entertainment and transmission industry and many more. In fact the greatest employment opportunities for electronics and communications engineers are provided by the Electronic communication device manufacturers, Chip Design-Industries as well as Semiconductor manufacturing firms. Some of the leading companies are Siemens, Motorola, Samsung, Pinnacle, Philips, HP etc. Apart from jobs in India, students can also get jobs abroad. Many pioneer firms overseas employ large employment opportunities for engineers of this field.
B. Tech Degree In Civil Engineering
No. of Seats (Engineering) = 120
4 years long duration program